The Wave ceiling fan is designed for indoor use only and is ideal for standard bedrooms, family rooms, great rooms, and large areas with a minimum size of 225 ft² or 15 by 15 feet with standard 8-foot ceilings. The Minka-Aire F843-DK Wave ceiling fan is powered by a 172-millimeter by 14-millimeter motor. The fan produces 6,580 cfm of airflow using only 99 cfm’s per watt. The energy produced on high speed without lights is 66.4 watts. This model comes without lights, but you can add one. You get decent airflow per watt with the 3 blades.
- Comes with remote control with three fan speeds (high/medium/low) and reversible switch (on fan) for year round use
- Blades are made of Abs Construction for strength
- Includes 80-inch lead wire, .75 inch by 6-inch down rod, a .75 inch by 3 1/2-inch down rod
- Lifetime motor warranty; one-year warranty on all other parts
- Blades have about 48 degree pitch; like to see 12 degree minimum
- Energy Star Rated
- Must be installed with a downrod
- No light kit included
A bold design that draws inspiration from the ocean’s waves.
Offering a refined, contemporary style, three-blade indoor ceiling fan has a look that balances well with almost any decor. It features a distressed koa finish and three wave-shaped distressed koa Abs construction blades. This fan features a whisper-quiet motor with a 3-speed reversible switch that allows for customizing air movement. It is used with a remote control.
The fan provides airflow at up to 6,580 cubic feet per minute (cfm) at its highest speed. It is rated to operate at 66 watts at high speed (without the lighting on), which gives it an airflow efficiency rating of 99 cfm per watt. (As a comparison, 36-inch to 48-inch ceiling fans have airflow efficiency ranging from approximately 71 to 86 cfm per watt at high speed.
Designed for rooms up to 400 square feet (20 by 20 feet), the Wave utilizes a 172-by-14-millimeter motor for powerful, quiet air circulation. The Minka-Aire Wave’s abs blades have a average pitch of 48-degrees.
- Ceiling fans can save you money in winter (Reverse Blade Direction) as well as summer: up to 10 percent in heating costs and up to 40 percent in air conditioning costs.
- Placement is important. Install the ceiling fan with the blades 10 to 12 inches below the ceiling and 7 to 9 feet above the floor.
This Minka-Aire fan is backed by a lifetime motor warranty and a one-year warranty on all other parts.
What’s in the Box
- Wave ceiling fan
- 3 blades
- 80-inch lead wire
- 6-inch length by .75-inch diameter down rod
- 4 1/2-inch length by .75-inch diameter down rod